Digital transformation is an investment in ideas and behavior to radically transform the way work is done, by taking advantage of the great technological development that is taking place to serve users in a faster and better way. Digital transformation offers massive capabilities to build effective, competitive and sustainable societies by dramatically changing the services of different stakeholders, consumers, employees and beneficiaries, while improving their experiences and productivity through a series of proportional processes, along with redefining the necessary actions for activation and implementation.
Digital transformation requires enabling the culture of innovation in the work environment, and includes changing the basic components of work, from its infrastructure, operating models, to marketing of services.
Essential Elements of Digital Transformation
Features of Digital Transformation
- Restructuring the way people live, work, think, interact and communicate, depending on the available technologies, with continuous planning and constant pursuit of reformulating practical experiences.
- Improve efficiency and reduce spending, and introducing new services in fast and flexible manner.
- Achieve radical change in the services provided to individuals in the areas of health, education, safety and security, and improve their experiences and productivity.
- Change work models and mentalities.
- Take advantage of modern technologies to be more responsive and flexible at work with improved predictability and planning for the future.
- Enable faster innovation to achieve desired and successful progress.
- Provide a strategy to create higher competitive value, advanced work teams, and a sustainable culture of innovation.
Advantages of Digital Transformation
- Replacing traditional processes with digital processes.
- Increase the time dedicated to development.
- Change work models and change mentalities.
- Increase workflow efficiency and reduce errors.
- Speed up everyday work.
- Apply new services quickly and flexibly.
- Improve quality and performance.
- Increase productivity and improve products.
- Increase the satisfaction of beneficiaries.
- Improving the viability of investment.
Digital Transformation Techniques
The National Strategy for Digital Transformation in Saudi Arabia
The Kingdom has taken qualitative steps towards ensuring a speedy development towards Digital Transformation, through the adoption of state-of-the-art telecommunications and ICT technology, thereby facilitating the Transformation towards a knowledge economy and e-commerce. These efforts ultimately aim to achieve higher satisfaction rates and quality of living for both citizens and residents, facilitating their everyday lives. To achieve this vision, the Kingdom has worked to spread awareness of electronic processes, the necessity of digitizing government work, as well as elevating the degree of receptiveness to technology within government agencies, ensuring a transition towards sustainable development and global effectiveness, and an improvement in overall quality of life.
To achieve these goals, the National Committee for Digital Transformation was established to undertake the drawing of legislation and policies pertaining to digitization at the governmental level, as well as putting in place strategies and programs necessary to achieving them; this, in addition to overseeing the Digital Transformation Program overall.
Timeline for Digitization Strategies
The Kingdom has adopted strategies that incorporate five-year goals, for which three executive plans were drawn: the first from 2006 through 2010; the second from 2012 through 2016; the third, currently in effect, begins in 2019 with expected conclusion at 2022; its main components are digital health, digital education, e-commerce, and smart cities.
National Digitization Effectiveness Indicator
The National Digitization Effectiveness Indicator aims to establish transparent and accurate governance of parties involved in the digitization efforts of the Kingdom, clearly delineating the responsibilities of each party and the part it plays in these efforts.
National Digital Transformation Unit
The National Digital Transformation Unit is one of the fundamental programs to achieve the vision of Saudi Arabia 2030. The program aims to build a digital society, a digital economy and a digital home in a way that ensures a transformation based on the creation of digital platforms and enriching interaction and effective community participation. The program also aims to build a digital economy to develop the industry, improve competitiveness and positive impact on the economic situation. While generate knowledge base jobs, provide better services to beneficiaries and support the technology driven nation to stimulate innovation by attracting local and global investments and partnerships in the areas of technology and innovation.
The Implementation of NDU in the field of education “Future Gate”
Digital documentation in the Ministry of Justice
- Ministry of Communications and Information Technology
- E-Government Program (Yesser)
- Digital Literacy Initiative for all society members (Attaa)
- Royal decree for establishing the National Committee for Digital Transformation
Last Modified Date: 19/11/2020 - 12:25 PM Saudi Arabia Time