This page enables the GOV.SA portal’s visitor on how to benefit directly from the services provided to citizens and residents. It also highlights the National Single Sign-On (SSO) service.
The national profile enables the user of GOV.SA to benefit directly from the services provided for citizens and residents.
The user can access to these services after logging in via SSO or registering in Absher service.
National profile login steps:
- Access the GOV.SA.
- Click (National Profile).
- Log in via SSO or Absher.
- Select the service you want to use.
National Single Sign-On
It is a national initiative provided by the Ministry of Interior in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to manage and issue the digital identity for citizens and residents. Many government and private agencies have started to keep pace with the e-services development and provide their services via e-portals using e-ID (username and password) as a tool of verification that allows access to the e-services. This tool is considered as a digital identity that represent the user identity while using the e-transactions. National Single Sign-On initiative aims to find a comprehensive solution for the management and governance of digital identity in order to provide a unified access on a national level. It also aims to provide the mechanism and necessary tools for solving the problem that many government and private agencies encountered when providing many significant services for citizens and residents due to the digital identity’s low level in credibility and trust and the possibility of being hacked.
Objectives of the National Single Sign-on:
- Establishing a national system managed by the Ministry of Interior (MOI) for the government and private sectors to manage the digital identity in a reliable way.
- Issuing “E-Identity” for individuals or agencies in the digital identity system.
- Developing a secure mechanism for registration and verification to prove that the ID issued by the system belongs to the intended person who is only authorized to use it.
- Using more than one authentication factors to achieve a high level of registration and identity verification. The factors that can be used are as follows:
- National ID card.
- Biometric authentication methods such as retina scans, fingerprint scans, and facial recognition.
- Verification code sent to your cell phone or email.
- Username and password.
National Single Sign-On provides the following services:
- User self-registration.
- User authentication.
- Registration and automatic connection with the services providers.
- Updating National ID online.
- Unified access, taking into account the level of authentication.
- Certification of e-transactions and e-signatures.
- Self-service to manage the verification standards.