E-Media: Riyadh - The Ministry of Health (MOH) has said that the second wave of swine flu began earlier this month as expected due to a drop in temperatures, Saudi Press Agency reported. A ministry statement issued Friday says that the number of cases in the Kingdom has risen in line with other countries in the northern hemisphere, as confirmed by World Health Organization statistics, resulting in an increase in fatalities. WHO has advised countries to prepare for the ‘second wave’ of the A-H1N1 pandemic, and the Ministry of Health would like to reassure the public of its readiness through the National Scientific Plan to combat the virus in its various waves. This follows the line of previous action since the appearance of the virus conforming to WHO policies and recommendations and those of disease control centers in the US and Europe. The ministry, while urging citizens to take all necessary preventive precautions stated in the National Preventive Plan, reassured that it has mobilized all its resources to combat the virus. It also urged citizens to report any cases and seek immediate treatment.
Last Modified Date: 10/02/2013 - 4:35 PM Saudi Arabia Time
Was this page useful?
Your feedback is submitted!
You have already submitted your response for this page
Feedback already submitted.
Thank you for your input!
If you have further feedback, please send us a message on