An official source in the Ministry of Interior has stated that based on the order of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud to enforcing a curfew to limit the spread of the Novel Coronavirus from seven in the evening until six in the morning for a period of (21) days from Monday evening, 28 Rajab 1441 AH, corresponding to March 23, 2020 AD, the Ministry would clarify the exceptions of curfew, which are:
First: The vital activities that excluded from the implementation of curfew:
- The food sector (points of sale), such as catering, supermarkets, vegetable, poultry, and meat shops, bakeries, and food factories.
- The health sector, such as pharmacies and relevant sectors like medical clinics, hospitals, laboratories, factories of medical devices and materials.
- The media sector in its various means.
- The transportation sector, such as transporting goods, parcels, customs clearance, warehouses, logistics services, and supply chains of health and food sectors, and port operation.
- E-commerce activities, such as those working in electronic purchases applications and delivery applications for the excluded activities.
- Accommodation services, such as hotels and furnished apartments.
- The energy sector, such as fuel stations and emergency services of the Saudi Electricity Company.
- The financial services and insurance sector, such as managing accidents (Najm), urgent health insurance services (approvals), and other insurance services.
- The telecom sector, such as the internet and communication network operators.
- The water sector, such as the water company emergency services and home drinking water delivery service.
Second: Allowing movement during the time of the curfew for security, military and health cars, government regulatory services vehicles, as well as vehicles of activities excluded in item (First).
Third: Allowing delivery of food, medicinal needs, and other essential goods and services through using smart device applications (express delivery services) during the time of curfew.
For more information about the exempted activities, contact the toll-free number 999 in all regions of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and 911 for Makkah region.
Fourth: Allow the Muezzins to reach the mosques to recite the call to prayer during the time of curfew.
Fifth: Allow the workers in diplomatic missions and international organizations and residents of the diplomatic quarter to move during the time of curfew from and to their workplaces.