Vice Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chaired the meeting held by the Council of Ministers on Tuesday at the Peace Palace in Jeddah.
At the beginning of the meeting, the Vice Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques briefed the Council on the results of the reception by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud of President Abdrabo Mansoor Hadi of the Republic of Yemen and Sheikh Abdullah bin Ali bin Abdullah bin Jasim Al Thani and the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques' emphasis during the meeting of the deep brotherly and historical relations between the peoples of the Kingdom and Qatar and the keenness of the Kingdom and its constant and continuous interest in the welfare of the pilgrims and mobilizing all assets to make them perform their rituals in all ease and comfort.
The Vice Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques also briefed the Council on the results of his reception of Sheikh Abdullah bin Ali bin Abdullah bin Jasim Al-Thani, his meeting with the members of the Yemeni House of Representatives who support the Yemeni government, the contents of the telephone call he received from US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and his meeting with Jared Kouchner, Senior Advisor to the President of the United States, Assistant President and Special Representative for International Negotiations Jason Greenblatt, and Deputy National Security Adviser Dina Powell and the two sides' confirmation during the meeting of the commitment to reinforce bilateral relations and close cooperation and the discussion of the developments in the Middle East region and realization of its security, stability and prosperity, and the agreement by the two sides to support their approach aimed at realizing genuine and lasting peace between the Palestinians and the Israelis and the two sides' reaffirmation of their common priority in cutting off all sorts of support for terrorists and extremists and to coordination of the constant development of the International Anti-Extremist Thought Center as well as his meeting with Special Presidential Envoy for the Global Coalition to Counter ISIS Brett McGurk and the meeting's discussion of the developments in the situation in the region and the efforts made towards it, especially the areas of coordination existing between the two countries within the International Alliance to combat ISIS.
Minister of Culture and Information Dr. Awwad bin Saleh Al-Awwad said, in a statement to the Saudi Press Agency (SPA), following the meeting that the Vice Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques assured the completion of the preparations and services, in line with the directives of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques to the guests of the Merciful in Makkah, Madinah and the holy places, arriving through land, sea and airports since their arrival and until they leave, after performing Hajj, adding that the Kingdom will spare no effort to provide all pilgrims with comfort.
In this context, also, the Cabinet thanked the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques for directing the entry of Qatari pilgrims to the Kingdom through the Salwa border crossing, to perform Hajj and to allow all Qatari nationals who wish to observe Hajj without electronic permits, based on the mediation of Sheikh Abdullah bin Ali bin Abdullah bin Jasim Al Thani, as well as their transfer from King Fahd International Airport, in Dammam and Al-Ahsa Airport and his order to approve sending private aircraft belonging to Saudi Airlines to Doha Airport for all Qatari pilgrims, and hosting them entirely, at his own expense, within the program of the guests of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud for Hajj and Umrah.
The minister said the council reviewed a number of reports on the latest developments in the region and the world, reiterating the Kingdom's condemnation of the suicide bombings near the city of Maiduguri in Nigeria, the ramming in the Spanish city of Barcelona and the two stabbings in the Russian city of Surgut and the Finnish city of Turku, and expressing condolences to the families of the victims, the governments and peoples of those countries, and wishes of recovery to the injured and stressing the Kingdom's firm positions in rejecting terrorism in all its forms and manifestations, and its appeals to the international community on the importance of concerted international efforts to combat terrorism, eliminate it and rid the world of its evils.
Dr. Awad bin Saleh Al-Awad said that the Cabinet reviewed the topics on the agenda of its meeting. The Council decided the following:
The Council of Ministers approved the authorization of the Minister of Energy, Industry and Mineral Resources, or his deputy, to discuss with the Chinese side a draft memorandum of understanding between the Government of Saudi Arabia and the Government of the People's Republic of China on the establishment of the Saudi-China Joint Investment Fund.
The Council of Ministers approved the authorization of the Minister of Justice - or his deputy - to discuss with the Chinese side a draft judicial cooperation agreement between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the People's Republic of China.
Third: The Cabinet approved to mandate the Minister of Culture and Information - or his deputy - to discuss with the Chinese side a memorandum of understanding on cooperation in the field of information, between the Ministry of Culture and Information in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Office of the State Council of Information in the People's Republic of China.
Fourthly: The Cabinet approved a memorandum of cooperation between the Government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Government of Japan, on regulating the procedures for granting of visit visas to citizens of the two countries, signed in Tokyo on 15/6/1438 H. A royal decree has been prepared, in this regard.
Fifth: Having considered the comments of the Minister of Education, the Cabinet decided to approve a Memorandum on Educational Cooperation between the Ministry of Education of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China, signed in Beijing on 18/6/1438 H.
Sixth: The Cabinet decided to join to the multilateral agreement between competent authorities regarding the automatic exchange of financial account information and the common standard appendix on reporting due diligence of financial account information, signed in Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia. A royal decree has been prepared, in this regard.
The Council decided to approve the regulation for the treatment of non-disclosure of information for tax purposes in accordance with the provisions of the agreements which the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is party to.
The Council of Ministers decided to amend the regulation of the Public Transport Authority issued by the Council of Ministers Resolution No. (323) of the date of 14/9/1434 H., and which is amended by the decision of the Council of Ministers. (248) dated on 12/6/1437 AH, by removing the definition of (minister) in Article (1) of the regulation, and amending the last part of Article II, to the following text: "... and organizationally shall be linked The President of the Council of Ministers, "and amending the first part of paragraph (1) of Article (5) to the following text : The Authority shall have a Board of Directors whose President shall be appointed by Royal Decree.
1. To agree that the State shall bear the fees for entry visas for members of committees affiliated with the offices of the pilgrims affairs and the organizers of the arrival of pilgrims for the Hajj season in 1438 AH, who have not yet arrived in the Kingdom.
2- The Cabinet agreed that the State shall bear the amount of (one thousand Riyals) of the visa fees for the seasonal employment of Hajj of this year 1438 AH.
Tenth: The Cabinet of Ministers approved the academic calendar for the next five Years 1438/1439 AH until the Year 1443 AH.
Eleventh: The Cabinet approved implementation of decisions of the Supreme Council of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) 36th summit held in Riyadh on 27-28 / 2 / 1437H, which included adoption of the executive regulations of the decision of the Supreme Council of the Gulf Cooperation Council, at its 9th summit held in Manama, on December 1988, regarding the equality of citizens of the GCC countries to take advantage of health services in government clinics and hospitals, under the Ministry of Health of each GCC member state and the adoption of the procedures for managing the strategic stock of medicines, vaccines and medical supplies in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC).
Twelve: The Cabinet approved a number of arrangements as follows:
1- Approval of the system of distribution of dry gas and liquid petroleum gas for residential and commercial purposes.
2. The Licensed LPG Distributor (National Gas and Industrialization Company) - licensed before the entry into force of this law - shall be required to carry out its activities with respect to the distribution and marketing of LPG by correcting its conditions in accordance with the provisions of this law and its executive regulations within a period not exceeding twenty four months from the date of its entry into force. LPG distributor licensed under this law shall have the right to use the gas and industrialization facilities of the Company on a commercial basis for a period of three years under an agreement to be concluded between them for this purpose and be presented to the Authority for the regulation of electricity and dual production for approval.
3. All LPG sales operators in the existing shops shall correct their situation in accordance with the provisions of this law and its bylaw, within a period not exceeding twelve months.
A royal decree has been prepared to this effect.
4. The establishment of dry gas distribution networks in the cities of the Kingdom shall be in stages, taking into consideration the studies prepared by the committee formed by the royal order No. 8760 dated on 12/2/1427 AH.
The Cabinet decided to amend the name of the General Establishment Of Ports to be (the General Authority for Ports), and approve its organization.
The Council of Ministers decided to approve the controls to be considered when preparing and studying draft regulations and the like (updated).
After reviewing a report by the General Secretariat of the Military Service Council, the Council of Ministers decided the following:
1. The termination of the services of the officer when he is medically ineligible for military service - shall be in accordance with paragraph (f) of Article (117) of the Officers Service Regulation, issued by Royal Decree No. (M / 43) dated 28/8 / 1393H - from the date of the report by the Military Medical Committee which proves him to be medically ineligible for military service. A non-refundable monthly bonus equivalent to the salary of the first rank of the rank he occupied prior to the end of his service shall be paid to hem as a compensation for the suspension of his salary until the date of the issuance of the royal order for his retirement.
2. The military authorities shall pay the above-mentioned bonus to all officers who, prior to the issuance of this decision, were recommended not to continue their military service for their incapacitation for military service and their salaries were suspended in order to complete the necessary procedures for the issuance of royal orders to terminate their services and this decision was issued before the issuance of those orders, as of the date of suspension of payment of their salaries until the date of issuance of those orders.
The Cabinet approved promotions at the fifteenth and fourteenth ranks and the posts of (Plenipotentiary).
The Council of Ministers was briefed on a number of general issues on its agenda, including the annual report of the Saudi Organization for Industrial Cities and Technology Zones for a previous financial year.
Last Modified Date: 23/08/2017 - 8:17 AM Saudi Arabia Time